Below are all the features of QuickDownloader
1. Support for multiple Downloads
2. System Integrity Checkers which ensure that all system critical components exists and are in the correct location
3. Memory use reduced to between 2-4mb
4. Capability to carry out both downloads and Resume simultaneously
5. Extensive Decoupling of Code to reduce dependencies between code which could cause problem in future
6. Better Handling of errors
7. Handling of 100 % of all possible errors that can be thrown
8. Reformatting of the Refresh command. Refresh command in the past removed the Resume Tab and recreated it so that new Resumes came into affect
9. Refresh command also refreshed the Archive downloads and can take into affect any new archives to be added to the folder
10. Restructuring of all Packages and classes to a new structure
11. All GUI’s have been repositioned to a middle of the Application
12. All QuickDownloader source code can now be downloaded in a pdf document or viewed online.
13. The SplashScreen has now been removed
14. Support for 3rd party themes which can be used by QuickDownloader
15. A Desktop button which can set the location to the users desktop
16. Resuming of All Downloads
17. Information on each Download that can be resumed
18. Buffer Resizing for optimum use
19. Proxy Configuration for systems behind firewalls
20. Ability to change System Settings to make QuickDownloader more personalisable
21. The viewing of System Resources and the resources in use by QD
22. Changing of Skins
23. Uses minimum of Memory
24. Log and error handling support
25. Accelerates Downloads by upto 300%
26. Support for all types of Network connections such as Dial Up, Broadband T1 etc.
27. Ability to download from both http and ftp sites
28. 100 % Resume support on all downloads even if the server doesn't support it.
29. Downloads can be zipped up upon download to minimise the amount of space it takes
30. OS Independent
31. Uses Java JRE which runs on any machine such as Windows 2000, 98, Linux etc.
32. Uses the Latest Java Development Kit.
33. Faster Resume Support
34. Integrity checker for all gui based components
35. The bytes downloaded so far is displayed dynamically in b, kb, mb
36. Pausing Of Downloads now possible for both New or Resume Downloads
37. Status Panel displays info on what has been downloaded so far
Start and Resume buttons can be enabled and disabled
Copyrighted 2002-2003 JavaBrain©